June 1, 2018
Commercializing Fusion Energy
Our first provocation involved over 40 leaders from across the fusion industry ecosystem. For many, it was the first time meeting to discuss industry-wide challenges. The group worked together to identify potential blind spots along the path to commercialization as well as general strategies to move the entire industry forward. Sixteen action groups, each helmed by a provocation attendee, emerged. Many of these groups have since gone on to implement their strategies in both public and private sectors.
- Establishment of the Fusion Industry Association
- Establishment of an ARPA-E Program focused on Fusion Energy, lead by a Provocation attendee
- Kicked off an initiative on public-private partnership for fusion energy
- Successfully pitched to the US Energy Undersecretary (in progress)
- Multiple fusion non-profits combined forces